California Workers Compensation Lawyers Representing Victims in Pacoima
One of the oldest neighborhoods which sits in California’s San Fernando Valley is community of Pacoima. Covering over 7 square miles, as of the 2010 US census there were nearly 104,000 people living in the area.
In the late 19th century the area experienced an economic “boom”, but as the boom faded many buildings, including the railroad station and several commercial buildings, were torn down. The area again experienced rapid expansion after World War II with most residents working in factory, construction, and other blue-collar related jobs.
Majority of Blue-Collar Workers to Be Injured at Work
A national workplace survey was conducted by The Hartford Financial Group in 2012. In the study it found that 58% of households with one or more blue-collar workers has had at least one family member injured on the job.
The research also revealed that most blue-collar workers have little idea of how the system can protect them while on the job. For example, only 62% of the respondents knew that their medical costs related to an injury sustained at work would usually be covered by workers’ compensation.
Back Injuries Account for Over One Quarter of Worker’s Compensation Payments
Some of the most common injuries are back-related injuries, cuts and bruises, and muscular strains. The California Workers’ Compensation Institute found that 26.3% of all workers’ compensation payments made between 2001 and 2011 were for back injuries. This also makes back injuries the highest percentage of any injury type.
The study continued to find the following:
- 44% of back-related claims resulted in lost time from work
- Back sprains, strains, and other back injuries that did not require surgery accounted for 16.5% of all California workers’ compensation claims (one out of six claims)
- The most common injury during that period were minor skin sounds (17% of claims)
Why You Should Contact the Turchin Law Firm
If your employer has denied your claim, if you have not received your benefits promptly, or if the settlement does not cover all of your medical bills and lost wages, we encourage you to seek legal assistance from the Turchin Law Firm.
Our law firm has the resources and experience necessary to ensure that all injured employees, including those on Social Security disability benefits and those with pre-existing conditions, receive the compensation they deserve for their losses.
If you would like to discuss your case, you can speak with a workers’ compensation attorney at the Turchin Law Firm today by calling (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 17 min
Total Est. Distance: 11.2 mi
- Get on CA-118 W
- Head south-west on Mercer St towards Glenoaks Blvd
- Turn right onto Glenoaks Blvd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left to merge onto CA-118 W
- Continue on CA-118 W. Take I-405 S to Haskell Ave. Take exit 65 from I-405 S
- Merge onto CA-118 W
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 42B to merge onto I-405 S towards Santa Monica
- Take exit 65 towards Victory Blvd/Van Nuys
- Take Victory Blvd to Van Nuys Blvd
- Use any lane to turn left onto Haskell Ave
- Turn left onto Victory Blvd
- Turn right onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401