California Workers Compensation Lawyers Representing Victims in Sherman Oaks
The neighborhood of Sherman Oaks in Los Angeles, California was named after General Moses Hazeltine Sherman who was a partner of the Los Angeles Suburban Homes Company. Founded in 1927, land purchasers could acquire a piece of Sherman Oaks territory for $780 per acre.
The boundaries of the neighborhood have changed substantially over recent years, with the most recent change happening in 2009 which included approximately 1,800 homes in Van Nuys. The neighborhood has been home to many recognizable entertainers, including Charlie Sheen, Shia LeBeouf, Tom Selleck, and Demi Lovato.
Production Companies Must Adhere to Workplace Safety Laws
Regardless of where a film production company is from, every one must adhere to California’s workplace safety laws for entertainers, camera crews, producers, directors and others who may potentially be injured while on the job.
California has some of the most stringent workplace safety and health regulations in the country because of the number of entertainment companies which are based out of and do business here. But these companies and those under their employ should not assume that they are in compliance to a point where both federal and another states’ laws are satisfied.
Who May Be Covered Under Worker’s Compensation Laws
Workers’ compensation coverage may be extended to a variety of individuals who are involved in the filming and production process:
- Technical crew members
Stunt persons are typically not covered by workers’ compensation insurance, and actors/performer who perform their own stunts may also not be covered depending on the current workers’ compensation laws.
Why Choose Worker’s Compensation for Your Injuries
There are a variety of reasons why it is beneficial to choose workers’ compensation insurance after you have been hurt on the job:
- It is a no-fault insurance system
- You have a dedicated case manager
- You will have access to health and safety/vocational training and resources
- You may receive disability benefits and/or a pension
- You can receive comprehensive benefits at a competitive price
Finding Help with Your Worker’s Compensation Claim
Serving the greater Los Angeles area, the Turchin Workers’ Compensation law firm is one of the few who is dedicated to protecting the rights and health of our country’s workers. By focusing on one area of the law, we are able to keep up to date with all of the most recent workers’ compensation laws and case outcomes, which in turn allows us to create the most compelling case for you.
To discuss your case for free with an accomplished attorney, please give us a call at (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Sherman Oaks, CA
Total Est. Time: 15 min
Total Est. Distance: 11.8 mi
- Get on US-101 S/Ventura Fwy
- Head east on Greenleaf St towards Van Nuys Blvd
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Turn right onto the US-101 E/Ventura Fwy E slip road
- Follow US-101 S/Ventura Fwy and CA-134 E to N Pacific Ave in Glendale. Take exit 7A from CA-134 E
- Merge onto US-101 S/Ventura Fwy
- Keep left at the fork to continue on CA-134 E, follow signs for Burbank/Pasadena
- Take exit 7A for Pacific Ave
- Continue on N Pacific Ave. Drive to Arden Ave
- Turn left onto N Pacific Ave
- Turn right onto Arden Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401