California Workers Compensation Lawyers Representing Victims in Tarzana
The affluent neighborhood of Tarzana in California’s San Fernando Valley is set on the site of former ranch owner and author Edgar Rice Burroughs and is named after Burroughs’ favorite authored hero, Tarzan. Occupied by Spanish settlers in 1797, the area was purchased by the Los Angeles Suburban Homes Company in 1909 and had a population of over 35,500 as of 2000.
As with many neighborhoods adjacent to the city of Los Angeles, Tarzana is or has been home to many notable individuals including Jonah Hill, Selena Gomez and Blake Lively. But unlike the glamorous jobs which these individuals may hold, the majority of Tarzana residents work 9 to 5 jobs like most Americans.
So Your Employer Is Skeptical about Your Claim
Employers may be skeptical about a workers compensation claim because the employer:
- Believes that the injury or illness is not related to work
- Does not believe that an accident ever occurred
- Believes that the injury is the result of a pre-existing condition
Even if you do have a pre-existing condition, this does not mean that you are not entitled to workers compensation. For example, if your preexisting condition is aggravated due to your duties, you may still be eligible for compensation.
What to Do If Your Claim Is Denied
A skeptical employer is also one who is more likely to deny your claim. This often results in an employer disputing your claim, which can then lead to your claim being denied.
If an employer disputes your claim, gather additional evidence so that you can support the fact that you should be receiving workers compensation. Some of the best pieces of evidence include a report from your doctor and witness accounts from those who were present at the time of your injury.
If a claim is denied you do still have the chance to appeal that denial. Read the denial letter carefully and if you continue to face difficulties, contact an attorney.
Talk to Turchin Workers Compensation Today
Turchin Workers Compensation law firm’s attorneys encourage all injured workers to not give up their right to benefits because of a disputing employer or a denied claim. We will help you determine if making an appeal is your best course of action and how to proceed.
To speak with a workers compensation attorney today, please call (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 23 min
Total Est. Distance: 19.1 mi
- Get on US-101 S from La Barca Dr and Vanalden Ave
- Head southwest on Gayle Dr toward La Barca Dr
- Turn right onto La Barca Dr
- Turn right onto Vanalden Ave
- Use any lane to take the US-101 N ramp
- Follow US-101 S and CA-134 E to N Pacific Ave in Glendale. Take exit 7A from CA-134 E
- Merge onto US-101 S
- Keep left at the fork to continue on CA-134 E, follow signs for Burbank/Pasadena
- Take exit 7A for Pacific Ave
- Continue on N Pacific Ave. Drive to Arden Ave
- Turn left onto N Pacific Ave
- Turn right onto Arden Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401