California Workers Compensation Lawyers Representing Victims in Los Angeles
Also known as the “City of Angels”, Los Angeles is the second largest city in the United States with a population of nearly 3,800,000 as of the 2010 United States Census. There are 8092.3 residents per square mile with the majority of individuals being between the ages of 25 to 44.
The area was originally settled by the Churmash and Tongva Native American tribes thousands of years ago. It was not until a Portuguese-born explorer claimed the area for the Spanish Empire in 1592 when an official military exploring expedition began.
The city’s economy is largely driven by a variety of different entertainment industries as well as international trade, aerospace, technology and tourism. The city also boasts a gross metropolitan product of $866 billion as of 2015, making it the third largest economic metropolitan area in the entire world.
Our city and the surrounding metropolitan area offer employment opportunities in a wide range of industries. But each work place presents its own sets of hazards which may lead to a workers compensation claim being filed.
Can You Sue Your Employer?
Generally speaking, an employee may not sue their employer if they are injured on the job. There are a few notable exceptions to this rule, however, such as:
Intentional misconduct (such as if you were exposed to asbestos and your employer knew that exposure would be harmful while failing to remove the asbestos or warn the employees)
“Punch-Press Exception” (this applies to employers who removed punch press guards in an attempt to increase employee productivity)
Why Would I Need An Attorney?
Your attorney will help you resolve any issues you may be having with your employer or workers compensation. You should hire an attorney if:
- Your employer denies your claim
- You do not receive your benefits in a reasonable amount of time
- The settlement offered does not cover all of your medical bills or lost wages
- Your medical issues are preventing you from returning to your prior job or if you are temporarily or permanently disabled
- You have a potential third party claim
Why Hire the Turchin Law Firm
The Turchin Law Firm is committed to ensuring that all workers who are injured while on the job or because of the negligence of another are fairly compensated for lost wages, medical bills, and receive disability benefits if necessary.
To arrange for your complimentary consultation with an expert workers compensation attorney, we invite you to call us today at (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Los Angeles, CA
Total Est. Time: 23 min
Total Est. Distance: 17.4 mi
- Head northwest on W 1st St toward S Spring St
- Turn right onto N Broadway
- Continue straight to stay on N Broadway
- Turn right to merge onto US-101 N toward I-110 N
- Merge onto US-101 N
- Keep right at the fork to stay on US-101 N, follow signs for Ventura/Ventura Fwy
- Use the right lane to take exit 17 for Van Nuys Blvd
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401