California Workers Compensation Lawyers Representing Victims in Northridge
The neighborhood of Northridge in Los Angeles, California is one of the more affluent communities in the city and also enjoys one of the lowest population densities in the area. Originally settled by the Tongva people over2,000 years ago, Northridge was initially known as the community of Zelzah and was later renamed North Los Angeles in 1929.
In 1938, a civic leader requested that the name be changed to Northridge to help define it from neighboring North Hollywood and Los Angeles.
California State University, Northridge sits within the neighborhood’s borders. As of 2000, 34% of the residents of the area who were 25 years of age and older had a four-year degree, making it one of the most educated areas of the county.
White Collar Workplace Injuries Do Happen
A recent study conducted by The Hartford Financial Services Group recently found that over half (58%) of blue-collar households have a family member who was injured while on the job. But what was perhaps more enlightening was the fact that 38% of white-collar workers also reported being injured in the workplace.
Why Office Injuries Happen
There are a number of reasons why office injuries may occur:
- Slips and falls: Slips and falls in the office can happen for a number of reasons, including unsafe conditions, exposed cords, loose rugs, and unattended spills. Inclement weather can also be a contributor, with colder weather resulting in icy parking lots and slippery stairways
- Workstation ergonomics: Poor workstation ergonomics can lead to a number of injuries, including poor postures, strains, and repetitive stress injuries (RSIs)
- Indoor air quality issues: Bad indoor air quality can cause a number of symptoms including headaches, fatigue, dizziness, and nausea
- Insufficient lighting: Poor lighting can increase one’s chances of slipping, tripping, and falling. It can also cause strain which may result in pain and headaches
- Workplace violence: This includes threatening behavior, verbal or written threats, harassment, verbal abuse, and physical attacks
How to Proceed with a Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you have suffered any type of workplace injury, it is imperative that you familiarize yourself with the proper procedures for reporting and responding to your injuries in order to obtain your entitled workers’ compensation benefits.
The Turchin Law Firm can help you with all steps of filing and processing a workers’ compensation claim, including fighting against denied claims or benefits.
To learn more about your health and safety rights in the workplace, we invite you to call the Turchin Law Firm today for a free consultation at (818) 266-5601.
DIRECTIONS TO TURCHIN LAW 6320 VAN NUYS BLVD #405 VAN NUYS, CA 91401
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 19 min
Total Est. Distance: 9.1 mi
- Take Prairie St to Reseda Blvd
- Head north on Etiwanda Ave/W University Dr towards Prairie St
- Turn left onto Prairie St
- Take Nordhoff St, I-405 S and Victory Blvd to Van Nuys Blvd
- Turn left onto Reseda Blvd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Nordhoff St
- Turn right to merge onto I-405 S
- Take exit 65 towards Victory Blvd/Van Nuys
- Use any lane to turn left onto Haskell Ave
- Turn left onto Victory Blvd
- Turn right onto Van Nuys Blvd
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (818) 266-5601
We are located at:
6320 Van Nuys Blvd #405
Van Nuys, CA 91401